Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Sunday March 30, 2014 at 11:08
drewski300
January 2007
On March 30, 2014 at 09:31, bouellon said...
Just a little background on my company.
I presently do 70% 1 room solutions : 1 remote and processor
I want to expand to do more whole house systems.
I want to control audio, video, lights, alarm, and blinds.

Thanks for your input.

Here is the most telling part of your issues. It takes time to develop a decent GUI! And until you are doing large multi-room systems, you won't have the templates built. It took me MANY hours tinkering around coming up with a "decent" design. Your best purchasing a GUI package that's already built.

RTI is a great solution for single room control. Where it starts to fall apart for me is with what you described, many different interfaces. It's a mistake I made when first starting out. Do not sell a bunch of different control interfaces! Stick with T1B, T2x, and iPads only (for example).

There are a lot of ways to be efficient with RTI as well! I use to have over 2000 system macros where we would add more macros every job. That coupled with Terry's Virtual Matrix driver, programming wasn't that bad. I do love Terry's driver but seriously, why the hell hasn't RTI added a similar feature??? When you have $1000 line item for a custom driver, it gets a little ridiculous!

I like RTI in my home because I can customize it to no end. But I choose something else for my customers because it was more reliable and I make more money.
"Just when I thought you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this... and totally redeem yourself!"

Hosting Services by ipHouse