The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Sunday March 30, 2014 at 10:39
3PedalMINI
Loyal Member
July 2009
I recently made the switch and am testing it extensively in my home before i even begin to think about putting it in the field. So far i personally really like the system but one thing has been made BRUTALLY CLEAR is if you do not have a robust network in your home or your client is not willing to pay for a network you best just walk away because the system will not work, plain and simple.

I do really dislike the fact that the remotes rely entirely on WiFi and they require a 95-100% signal to be reliable assuming the router is up to the task. For a basic TC system an Edgemax router a few unifi AP's would be perfectly fine. But for a larger installation its time to move on up to a ruckus type system which easily pushes the budget of most clients.

It is becoming brutally clear now that our channel is the only type of channel that can provide clients with a proper network so its time to start learning (im learning) But it has also become clear that clients are fed up with their best buy and ISP provided routers so a robust network is starting to become an easier sell.

Just keep that in mind that you HAVE to take over the network if you go with TC or even C4.
The Bitterness of Poor Quality is Remembered Long after the Sweetness of Price is Forgotten! - Benjamin Franklin

Hosting Services by ipHouse