The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 24 made on Monday March 24, 2014 at 14:47
Mr. Stanley
Elite Member
January 2006
On March 24, 2014 at 12:03, FP Crazy said...
Red herring in so many ways.

Yes they do take the proceeds and use them for more drug enforcement. And if that in itself, doesn't seem to rile all the conservatives, then any conservative or libertarian is a hypocrite. Especially when they talk about getting big government out of their lives.

I'm in the middle of the political spectrum but this march of confiscating property, most of it having nothing to do with "illegal" activity, and selling it for their own gain, to further their ability to take more property...rinse, lather, repeat...is plain effing wrong and self serving, not serving the greater good. It smacks of bureau corruption.

The bigger cost of the war on drugs is in the court and penal system. State and federal DEA enforcement budgets (regardless of whether their property seizures) is a pimple on the ass of a whale compared to the costs to our penal system.

It really is time society pulled its head out of its ass on this one. End the reefer madness myths, end the stoner lacking motivation myths (you on this board know who you are), quit telling me what I can do with my body on my own time. There are laws in place to deal with anyone who abuses anything (driving while intoxicated, stealing to propel your habit, etc...) Punish those crimes, and end the pursuit of the RED HERRING.

+1 On all accounts.
"If it keeps up, man will atrophy all his limbs but the push-button finger."
Frank Lloyd Wright

Hosting Services by ipHouse