The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 20 made on Monday March 24, 2014 at 10:13
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On March 22, 2014 at 23:22, roddymcg said...
[Link: drugscience.org]

Obviously these are only estimated numbers and the study in question was in 2006. Any way you slice it, this is a shit ton of money the government is not taxing. And the billions it wastes on the legal system and the jail system.
Plus the benefits we are finding to be true.

How would you, as part of a government, justify to the people who aren't in favor of legalization, changing your position by 180 degrees? Would you just say you did it because of the tax revenue? Would you say you changed your collective minds? Would you say that you no longer agree with the reasons you made it illegal?

Making it legal for medicinal use should have been done decades ago, but this wasn't "sold" to the public. Making it legal because people want to get high is exactly the reason it hasn't been- it's a drug that some can't handle. If anyone can justify uses for tobacco, other than smoking/chewing, I haven't seen them but if the government was concerned about health risks, slapping a tiny warning on the pack doesn't seem to have made a difference.

BTW- the money and goods that are confiscated in drug raids and arrests are used to offset the costs of enforcement. They hold the evidence until the appeals process/time have been exhausted, but the local and Federal Law Enforcement agencies split the proceeds.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse