The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 30 made on Thursday March 20, 2014 at 09:21
kennonh
Long Time Member
March 2014
The Russound looks to be a good option. It would be nice if there were an option just to have the controller without any amplification, but with variable outs. Then you can add whatever amps you want. Maybe could bring the initial cost down.

FrogAV: Sonos Connect is 349 vs Airport Express 79 (refurb older unit). Huge difference if you are doing a barebones system. I've had good results with airplay for people that just want background music playing at the same volume through the house. Usually just kitchen, living room, and maybe some outdoor speakers.

I'm going to look into the Nuvo as well. And cynic: I've done tons of research, but manufacturers of this equipment are surprisingly hard to find. For instance, I had never heard of your suggestion of Autonomic. I'll check them out as well.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I am fairly new to the business of this, but not new to the concepts. I don't have a very good supplier in the area with a vast array of products, so mainly I've been relying on folks like Snap to provide my products. It helps to hear from other folks when trying to build your business.

Hosting Services by ipHouse