The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Friday March 14, 2014 at 08:12
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On March 13, 2014 at 23:11, 3PedalMINI said...
I did a service call on a site that was done by an area competitor that quite frankly should be hauled to jail for installing the crap he does, infact it was so bad he changed his name and "rebranded" the company.... but i digress.

This job is at a 55 and older community, literally laughable but how he took advantage of this community is BEYOND me. There is a rack that houses the equipment (and subwoofer, yeah a subwoofer in the rack) I got it working for them a few months ago but it was only a band-aid. The property manager emailed me today asking about ripping it out and starting over, the only caveat to this is due to the way the building is layed out and health concerns of the residences that use the club we are not allowed to poke holes everywhere to run the wires to a rack in a back room (sigh)

The rack is located in the lobby (weird layout) and the residences use this for various activities like Bingo, Movie Night Etc. One of the key things is allowing these people to put in their own CD's and home movies (mainstream movies are strictly prohibited for obvious reasons)

Is there a clean way to lock out components with some sort of cover? I only want to give access to the CD/DVD player. There will also be a larch Touch Screen panel in the top of the rack, currently the mx650 tends to grow legs and walk off :-) Im sure MA has something, im just too tired and frustrated with HDMI issues to look, spent the last 15minutes doing it.

Since DVD players are so cheap, now, why not mount it on top with a set of brackets or a cover, made of sheet metal? Call a sheet metal shop and ask about fabricating something that can be painted.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse