Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 28 made on Tuesday March 11, 2014 at 10:29
SB Smarthomes
July 2007
On March 11, 2014 at 08:51, Hasbeen said...
One other thing I'd like to add to this conversation...If you're not taking credit cards (especially a mobile solution like Square) you're not doing yourself any favors.

From that, you're really not doing yourself any favors if you don't let your clients know that you take credit cards in your initial phone call.

You'll be shocked at how many customers may not have the immediate money in the bank, but they're willing to put it on a card.  It will increase your sales, it will also increase the amount of your sales.

When I started doing Square, I thought it would be a addition, and just make transactions a little easier for the "every once in awhile" client.

Last year I did just over 150k on Square.

My take on this is the opposite.  I quit taking credit cards about 4 years ago and it hasn't caused an issue for clients.  Credit cards might make sense if I was doing a lot of small jobs and service calls, but that's not my focus.

Even at 2.75% - 3.5% that's still a significant percentage of profit.  For your $150k in charges last year Square kept $4125.  If you're doing lots of small transactions the fee is probably worth the convenience to you as much as to your client.

Does anyone accept credit cards for large transactions?  Things like deposits and progress payments $30k+???

Last edited by SB Smarthomes on March 11, 2014 10:52.
www.sbsmarthomes.com
Santa Barbara Smarthomes

Hosting Services by ipHouse