Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 17 made on Monday March 10, 2014 at 21:47
MNTommyBoy
November 2010
On March 10, 2014 at 19:07, Dave in Balto said...
Looked at a two jobs last week, one is four rooms of audio and surround sound. Guy couldn't tell me a budget, just that he didn't want top of the line and didn't want crap. He told me that Best Buy tried to sell him an entry level 60" Sharp and a $250 receiver and he knew he wanted better.

So Best Buy quoted him $2000, he wanted to spend $5000, and you quoted him $10,000. I would say you didn't ask enough questions, or at least get all the cards on the table. Example, "That BB system would be pretty entry level, I would assume you're looking quite at bit more, based on your needs." If you keep beating around the budget bush, it should come out eventually.

The second guy, walk that sh!% if it doesn't make sense.

On the book front; Gitomer, Ziglar, Tracy, you can't go wrong, just do some reading!

I finally decided to take a break from the 50 industry emails I get every week. I've moved on to a zen-like, entrepreneurial thing in the new year, a little more big picture. Then, it's a lot easier to come down to the level of "oh, a single room setup? No problem." Close it by representing yourself as resource and someone the prospect would be crazy NOT to do business with. The rest will fall into place.
"There's a big difference between winging it and seeing what happens. Now let's see what happens." ~MacGruber

Hosting Services by ipHouse