Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday March 10, 2014 at 19:07
Dave in Balto
January 2008
Looked at a two jobs last week, one is four rooms of audio and surround sound. Guy couldn't tell me a budget, just that he didn't want top of the line and didn't want crap. He told me that Best Buy tried to sell him an entry level 60" Sharp and a $250 receiver and he knew he wanted better.

I gave him a quote today, he said I was way too much, and he wanted to spend $5K for the system including speakers, electronics, etc.. And that he wanted to re use his speaker selector and Harmony from his old house.

The next one I looked at told me he didn't want anything too high end because he didn't care about how it sounded. (real excited to do this one) two systems, one upstairs, one downstairs, I quote him some entry level Yamaha AVR, $600 sub sat speaker system, Pro control R remote, then the usual, network switch for each system, basic power, basic cables, total of $6k for both systems installed, I thought he was going to have a heart attack.

If the system got any lower end I don't want to be associated with it, is that wrong of me? Do I just do what the customer wants, or say that these two guys really aren't my customers.

God, I have a vacation in four weeks, it can't come soon enough.

thanks
Hey, careful man, there's a beverage here!

The Dude

Hosting Services by ipHouse