Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Friday March 7, 2014 at 22:42
DamnNearGenius
Lurking Member
March 2014
Hi, thanks for the quick response!

I'd prefer to find a cheap, older programmable remote I could get off of ebay or something and program that to do it, but if I could do it directly with my PC, tablet, or smartphone, that would also work.

I noticed you have the code for it listed, but I have no idea what to do with that code.

Is there is simple remote control app for my PC running Windows 8.1 that I could use try and do it? What additional IR hardware component (if any) would I need to purchase as well to enable my PC to communicate with the device?

Also, if I wanted to try the programmable dedicated remote option, what's the cheapest one you would suggest I could possibly find used on ebay that would suffice?

I would only be very rarely using the device and remote to control it, so I don't want to spend a lot, but if there's an affordable option, I would be nice to have around to save myself the trouble of having to get up and manually change the matrix setup every time I want reconfigure the inputs/outputs.

Thanks again for you quick response to my inquiry and your assistance. It's greatly appreciated.
Allen E. Simpson
facebook.com/wayoverdue
@AlynAlyxWest

Hosting Services by ipHouse