The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Tuesday February 25, 2014 at 08:02
gerard143
Advanced Member
May 2012
there sure is a ton on the rti forums about it.

heres an excerpt from my summary post

The downsides are really adding up. I hate to be a whiner nor am I trying to knock RTI here as there are many nice things about it.... but future products won't improve if this stuff isn't talked about. I know its pretty much all been discussed in separate threads but not one specific thread focusing on flaws. Don't want to beat it to death just trying to consolidate issues into one thread.

No home button sucks. (I really like how t3v+ has removable button caps you can swap for things like favs, weather, home, etc)
Awful lcd.
Swipes do not register well at all compared to a modern touchscreen cell phone. This can be very frustrating. I like frames a lot personally I just want the swipe to work like my iPhone.
My tilt sensor doesn't seems as good as compared to my t3v+. If you disable it as a wakeup option gestures won't work.
Gestures don't register well and aren't consistent.
Grip sensor doesn't run up behind lcd so it can turn off on you a lot when trying to use lcd... it drives me nuts so I turn it off.
The charger requires two hands to remove the remote which is lame. Personally I prefer the t3v+ charger setup better.
The power on and off buttons I feel can create customer confusion. When programmed properly with a good design and macros these buttons really aren't needed.
Light bleed around edges of each button on the row directly below LCD
5 way joystick sensitivity issues

Hosting Services by ipHouse