The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Sunday February 23, 2014 at 16:24
Lowpro
Select Member
March 2004
On February 23, 2014 at 14:23, borgon said...
so one question - on the 880, i there a way I can combine a "press and hold" macro with a variable?

It's all about aliasing. I don't use URC remotes myself, but do program them from time to time for people. Will provide a simplified example per a file I worked up not long ago for someone. When selecting their DVD activity from the "Watch" page for instance the button macro is set to "Type: PressHold / Time: 3 sec". When pressed for more than 3 seconds the "After" macro is run which takes them to the main page of the activity only. This is used in cases where they've left the DVD activity and want to return to it quickly not having powered down the system or changed to a different "Watch" or "Listen" activity in the interim. Now when selecting the DVD activity pressing for less than 3 seconds the "Before" macro is run instead which is aliasing, i.e. pointing to the full DVD activity macro button stored under a hidden device and page, the button macro in this case set to "Type: Variable / Variable: Display". If the "Display" variable is set to "False", then the "False" macro runs which includes the required delay actions between powering on the display and being able to successfully set the display to the correct input, the "Display" variable being set to "True" at that point as well. If the "Display" variable is already set to "True", then the "True" macro runs instead which doesn't contain the additional delay actions prior to setting the display to the correct input.

Last edited by Lowpro on February 23, 2014 16:43.
LP Related Links:
View my profile to access various
links to key posts and downloads.

Hosting Services by ipHouse