The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Saturday February 22, 2014 at 12:48
Lowpro
Select Member
March 2004
Something I'd like to point out is the value of being able to use the TSU9600 comfortably without actually having to hold it with either hand due to the form factor and docking station design. The TSU9600's I have in each zone of my home are docked the majority of the time even while in use and when not docked will spend most of their time resting on someones leg or beside them on the couch or whatever not having to actually be picked up to be used. Generally two handed operation is only used when it provides for better ergonomics based on the persons seating or standing position relative to the resting place of the remote or simply when the person would like the remote more front and center such as when performing on-screen related tasks which in the case with my configuration file rarely requires you touch the actual screen though that is always provided for. With rare exception I've maximized use of the hard buttons throughout my configuration file so that it's not required to touch the screen, the screen then serving as a visual aid only when going to navigate from one activity to another or when navigating a particular activity in general such as when browsing and selecting a DVD or Blu-ray from my collection to play or when browsing SiriusXM Radio channels for example. That being said, the form factor of the TSU9400 and its docking station don't provide for these things, not to mention the fact the TSU9600 offers a higher resolution screen, the TSU9400's screen paling in comparison. I also highly prefer the landscape orientation as it offers more flexibility in my opinion as far as the user interface goes and this is coming from someone that had used ProntoNG series remotes for years per the TSU3x00 and TSU7x00 series.
LP Related Links:
View my profile to access various
links to key posts and downloads.

Hosting Services by ipHouse