The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday February 20, 2014 at 10:47
nixima
Lurking Member
February 2014
I am working on a HTPC install with remotes from both main level and basement so I need to use two IR Receivers. I have the Xantech 789-44 Connecting Block on the main level by the HTPC and in the basement I have a Xantech 490D IR Receiver spliced to Cat-5 and then connected to the 789-44 terminal screws. I then have another 490D on the main level connected to the 789-44 3.5mm jack. This worked for a short time but then the 490D on the main level quite working. The little green LED was not on anymore. I thought I might have a bad 490D so I tried a 480-10D IR Receiver but this one worked for a short time also and then its LED went out also. I messed around with the wrecked IR receivers a bit and I can get the LED to light up if I don't connect the ground wire but they do not pass IR signals. Anyone know if these are fixable?

I've researched some and it seems people have had success with this type of configuration so I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. I am thinking to try connecting both IR receivers to the 789-44 terminal screws to eliminate problems with the 3.5mm jack but I really don't want to wreck any more IR receivers. Either that or I might try a monoprice block. Are the Xantech receivers and emitters compatible with the monoprice blocks?

Hosting Services by ipHouse