The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Thursday February 20, 2014 at 01:24
BrettLee3232
Long Time Member
December 2009
On February 19, 2014 at 11:03, jcmitch said...
The "some channels not coming through" has been traced to a cable card authorization / pairing error every time for us. One of the keys to finding the problem is looking at the "Authorization" value which deals with channels that require encryption. Its found on the "Conditional Access" page.

This exact problem is the reason I no longer sell Tivo products. A Tivo install can take hours, or days, to complete; relying on the capabilities of the support personnel at the Cable Co to help you. It is impossible to accurately quote the labor needed for any Tivo job, because you don't control the outcome.

There is really helpful support on the Tivo page however.
[Link: support.tivo.com]

That was the issue today...on the "conditional access page" it was showing a ? Under the Val:

Contacted tivo and they said it was a cable card issue. Turns out the card was never fully activated so I made the customer force them to send out a tech because I wasn't wasting anymore time with Verizon's mistakes.

There really only is so much you can do for a customer before your like "wait a second, this wasn't in my scope of work. Why the eff am I doing this and not charging for it."
Knowing that Gold went up a few K makes me think "well now I have to do a better job on selling more equipment".

-Me... Jan. 2014

Hosting Services by ipHouse