The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 43 made on Wednesday February 19, 2014 at 21:42
edizzle
Loyal Member
March 2005
this thread is crazy and full of random unproven info.

The ends are fully TIA compliant and definitely would certify. In fact I have read of research that they have the potential to work better by requiring less wire to be "untwisted". you can pull the twist tight up into the connector.

IMO, the manufacturers advice of not using EZ was based on previous HDMI extender technology which was finicky at best. why not advise a method that eliminates one possible point of failure? Be it the actual connector or un-sharp tool.

I have NEVER had a failure related to EZ connectors on any of our HDBASET equipment. EVER, not one. We terminate them perfectly, cleanly, as good as a termination you can get with EZ connectors. When done so, they are absolutely in spec. I have terminated 10s of thousands of standard Cat5e and 6 connectors in 15 years, Trust me, I know how to them well! My fingers and hands have definitely been affected by this. I use EZ for that reason alone. Until they present a problem for me, I will continue to use them. That being said, I do have 50 of each 5e and 6 standard connectors for emergency. I know there are 50 because that is the quantity i bought them in and we havent used one.

That being said, we barely use them anyway, we patch everything at the rack and rarely would we not have a wallplate. We use ICC Cat6a keystones at both ends.
I love supporting product that supports me!

Hosting Services by ipHouse