Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Wednesday February 19, 2014 at 13:22
davenport
October 2006
On February 19, 2014 at 11:03, jcmitch said...
The "some channels not coming through" has been traced to a cable card authorization / pairing error every time for us. One of the keys to finding the problem is looking at the "Authorization" value which deals with channels that require encryption. Its found on the "Conditional Access" page.

This exact problem is the reason I no longer sell Tivo products. A Tivo install can take hours, or days, to complete; relying on the capabilities of the support personnel at the Cable Co to help you. It is impossible to accurately quote the labor needed for any Tivo job, because you don't control the outcome.

There is really helpful support on the Tivo page however.
[Link: support.tivo.com]

I like the TiVo products but they've been very dumb as a company about rewarding the custom installer that is advising the customer which service provider they should choose. TiVo is a better product, but the setup times are all over the map and there's no revenue to be made on the Lifetime Service Plans that keep creeping up in cost over the years. We should be able to buy a credit for the lifetime plan at our distributors and make some profit there too.

I'm sure someone, maybe Julie, will chime in that there's plenty of money to be made off the extras inside the box too. The reality is that customers don't understand why you might be billing 20 hours to train them and deal with their TiVo and the Cable TV company.

TiVo needs to integrate the CATV Tuning Adapter to eliminate issues with the external electronics.

So many issues with TiVo over the years, but that's what I use myself even though now I no longer promote their hardware so that the cable company's issues do not become my own.

Hosting Services by ipHouse