The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday February 19, 2014 at 01:34
BrettLee3232
Long Time Member
December 2009
I've been selling a lot of TiVo lately, which is weird cause last year I didn't do 1 damn install. Anyways, I'm putting Roamio +'s z& Mini's.

I have been having some problems but most of them have been with the cable provider.

For instance a job this week had a Roamio & 5 mini's with TWC. Installed the Tuning Adaptor & booted everything up "Ethernet + MoCa" & some channels were not coming through. Also some HD channels on the Mini's weren't coming through even though they were coming through on the Roamio. Fixed the issue by swapping out CableCARD & Tuning Adaptor.

Another job is with FiOS...Roamio + & 4 Mini's. Getting no HBO. Called Verizon & they said they have been getting issues with TiVo & HBO & recommended contacting TiVo to have them reset the system.....WTF?

Same job was having issues with stuttering on all Mini's either MoCa or hard wired Ethernet. Fixed the issue by unplugging the Ethernet on the Rosmio & doing a "only MoCa" install. Now they all work great.

Another job I could not get any Mini's to connect to the Roamio. I had to put a 3 way splitter on the cable: 1 for TiVO, 1 for Tuning Adaptor & 1 for cable modem. MoCa would not pass through the Tuning Adaptor.

I really like the TiVo system but working with TWC & FiOs has caused me almost as much headaches as using cable provided boxes. At least when something wasn't working with them I would have them send out the cable guy to fix the box. Now when there's an issue with TiVo, I'm the one who sold it to them so it's my responsibility.

I guess there's never a win win in the cable world. You make margin on the boxes but loose labor troubleshooting issues.

Anyone else having similar issues or other issues?
Knowing that Gold went up a few K makes me think "well now I have to do a better job on selling more equipment".

-Me... Jan. 2014

Hosting Services by ipHouse