The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Tuesday February 18, 2014 at 20:06
Fins
Elite Member
June 2007
On February 18, 2014 at 19:06, Trunk-Slammer -Supreme said...
My first wife's grandparents were some of those very serious Southern Baptists.

No drinking, no dancing, talk in tongues (gibberish) and snake handling (kissing rattlesnakes).

Her grandfather came very close to dying after a bite. Luckily his son in law, who had power of attorney, signed for the docs to medicate the old lunatic...

It IS one weird ass bunch of religious fruitcakes for sure....

Southern Baptists don't handle snakes. However, there are many unorganized groups of baptist churches. Anyone can start a church and call it something baptist, as long as not southern baptist. It's pretty much the only one that does have some governing body. Most snake handling churches are Pentecostal. There is an unorganized sect of baptists called Primitive Baptist that is very close to Pentecostal. My grandmother was raised Pentecostal and they were into speaking in tongues, holy rolling, the gift of translation (the ones that can translate someone speaking in tongues) but they didn't do the snakes or drinking poison. And today when talking to my cousin and this snake handling preacher came up, I found out that apparently my grandmother also doesn't believe we ever went to the moon.
Civil War reenactment is LARPing for people with no imagination.

Hosting Services by ipHouse