Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 32 made on Tuesday February 18, 2014 at 12:27
Audiophiliac
August 2006
Most manufacturers understand that the termination is only as good as the terminator, so they cover their a$$ by saying they do not recommend certain things, especially ones that are easy to do wrong (EZ connectors would fall into this category....I think among others, Brent has explained several times the why and how). As with any other termination, EZ connectors work fine up until the time they do not work. And usually, the reason they do not work is because some dummy did it the wrong way and/or with the wrong tools. I knew an installer who only crimped his radial RG6 connectors halfway because "it was too hard" to crimp the things down all the way.

I do not use EZ connectors. Neither place I have worked for has used them for whatever reason....and it was not due to HDMI extenders since we did not use them since long before HDMI was even invented. :) I have an astounding success rate with the one piece RJ45 connectors as well. And with the 2 or 3 piece CAT6 connectors also. But I would seriously consider using 1 piece CAT6 EZ connectors if I were doing a million CAT6 terminations. My thumbs hurt after 20-30 of the Binary 3 piecers. :P
"When I eat, it is the food that is scared." - Ron Swanson

Hosting Services by ipHouse