The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Friday February 7, 2014 at 20:03
djsmallz
Long Time Member
April 2009
On January 31, 2014 at 08:46, ralliart329 said...
The cx7 will be great for under counters, bedside tables, board rooms, etc. I see a lot of applications.

They scrapped the st7 because of costly issues during R&D and from when they started to when they killed it is when the iPad and RTIpanel took off so interest in the st7 took a nose dive. It essentially would have done what just the one app in the iPad does for 3-4 times the cost.

I get what you saying but still doesn't cut it for all clients. The ipad is great, the mini even better but there are some clients who still like that dedicated remote without having to deal with apps all the time plus with a dedicated remote we can have intercom and camera in the near future. They could have easily came out with the st7 and have a dock for commercial applications that way both markets are well served. Anyways all I'm trying to say is that dedicated remote aren't yet obsolete they still have their place in the market. If it wasn't the case I don't think AMX or Crestron will still keep coming out with new and better ones every time. I mean have you seen the budget modero remotes? I know RTI doesn't have the same R&D dollars but hay u either in or out!

Also.rti.really has to be better at realeasing new tech I mean till today we have no native intercom, heck even c4 been doing that longer..cmon guys u can do better than that

Hosting Services by ipHouse