The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Monday January 27, 2014 at 07:39
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On January 27, 2014 at 01:17, BlackWire Designs said...
These things are pathetic... beyond pathetic when it comes to bass response

What do you guys recommend for an inwall / ceiling subwoofer that is going to make these actually sound like speakers???

What's at the front of the signal chain? Does anything have a HP filter that you didn't notice?

I'm sure you were close to the speakers at some point, but how high are the ceilings?

The frequency response is rated as "50Hz - 30kHz" wouldn't it be freaking nice if they stated ± SOMETHING?????

We, as CI dealers/contractors, etc need to hold the manufacturers' feet to the fire so they start using specs that mean something, rather than "A hundred Watts? Yeah, they'll handle a hundred Watts. Sure, they'll do that.......Once." bullshit.

I'd call them and ask what the REAL response is, not the spec for people who only see the extreme number and trust it.

If there's no HP filters, grab a laptop or smart phone, download an audio app that has a signal generator and send low frequency through them for a few hours, to see if they improve. Might be a break-in issue and if these are anything like the JBL Control 210 subwoofer, it will make a huge difference. I would also use a real RTA program with pink noise, to measure the response, so any conversations with their tech support people has some data to go along with the anger and disappointment.

That said, the enclosure is awfully small to expect a speaker to produce strong bass when it's mounted in the ceiling unless the room is small.

Last edited by highfigh on January 27, 2014 12:27.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse