Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Monday January 27, 2014 at 04:20
davenport
October 2006
You chose a sealed speaker so your output is going to be a little reduced but they are very accurate speakers so I'm pretty confused why you're not using a subwoofer and complaining about no bass; plus these are only rated down to 50Hz so messing with the EQ below that isn't going to change the output much.

You'd get a little better performance out of a normal CT380-IDC and a sealed cavity of 1.5-2.0 cu.ft. but you should still be using a subwoofer.

Plus, you're feeding these with a mult-zone amp rated for about 35W @ 6 Ohms if not in two-channel mode? I'm not a C4 dealer, but your numbers do not match the spec sheet I Googled. [Link: dealer.control4.com] Try using Marantz with an output closer to the 120W these speakers are rated to handle; or 150W for the non-CP.

I'll admit a bias that I'm a Monitor Audio dealer, but I'm a dealer because they are quality products and I find your rant confusing.

I'm planning on using a couple of the Artison RCC 640 in-wall subwoofers next, they should be available now/soon.
[Link: artisonusa.com]

Last edited by davenport on January 27, 2014 04:40.

Hosting Services by ipHouse