The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Thursday January 23, 2014 at 21:15
Hart2Hart
Long Time Member
December 2005
Again not wanting to disagree or do anything my ancient equipment doesn't do -- I have no trouble upgrading (in fact just did it by adding MRX2) and moving forward -- my technology budget shows it. :-)

But back to discussion, think of the way an MX980 encapsulates an IR command (simple binary encoded data) with port routing and sends it to a RFX250 where it is forwarded to a MRX2. The MRX2 de-encapsulates the signal, reviews for routing, and sends an electrical signal to appropriate emitter where it becomes IR. Assuming the RF protocol is not hardware locked at RFX250 (even that could be made to work with upgrade), an MX980 could send an IP or RS232 (with firmware support since it is simple binary data) command with IP/ RS232 port routing that MRX2 could output via it's Ethernet or an RS232 port via same process. This is the basis of network protocol stacks such as IP and protocol conversion exists in countless forms.

I never thought it would happen or have a clue if it could make financial sense for URC with the CC vs TC lines. Just intellectual curiosity.

Hosting Services by ipHouse