The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Monday January 20, 2014 at 12:44
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On January 20, 2014 at 11:46, 3FG said...
Ernie,
The 146 degrees I mentioned is for my house.  I described Cordova as 103.8 magnetic-- as obtained from the DirecTV app-- or about 130 wrt to true north.

I see. Somehow I thought you meant it to be for Cordova.

I guess I need to be more blunt.  

I believe it is necessary to be blunt and not hint around when speaking of technical issues. Blunt is, after all, accurate.

You have a basic misunderstanding.  South is 180 degrees of azimuth, not 90.  

It sure is! In fact, D'oh!

There it is: the absolutely basic problem I've had with this; a stupid mistake. When I said 106 was 16 degrees east of due south, I should have realized that 106 is 74 degrees east of due south. Now, not that it's of much help, but that's also 16 degrees south of due east. Add in the magnetic correction that I had, 19 degrees... clockwise is the best way I can say that! -- and I've got 135 degrees.

The rest of your latest post is correct, but I was too stuck on my ridiculous mistake of S being 90 to learn anything from it. Thanks for the blunt, dude!
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse