The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Monday January 20, 2014 at 08:56
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
How extensive are these manuals? I have customers who don't like to read, apparently. Others can't seem to keep track of where they put the stupid thing, even though I usually e-mail it to them after handing it to them in paper form. I'm not going to use a thumb drive because they'd lose that ever easier. I just got a call last Wed about a Master Bedroom system that wasn't working for the bathroom speakers. Turns out, the hubby (who wasn't the hubby when the wife bought the house and made the decisions) couldn't get it to turn on, so he started pressing just about every damn button on it, pissing him off immensely. No red light on the Niles muting VC (according to him), nothing. Turns out, they haven't been using the universal remote, which I had set up to operate Zone 2 very easily. I went there Friday and A) he had pressed the power button on the power amp, so it was turned off (it was using the Auto Sense to turn on), B) he had Main turned off and Z2/Z3 turned on and C) the main remote was nowhere to be found and I wasn't going to explore all of the drawers in the room.

The guy's a freaking engineer!

He added a Chromecast to the Family Room system and wasn't happy that it didn't produce sound from the speakers. He said there must be a problem with the network, even though none of their computers or phones have a problem.I went there on Friday and got the Chromecast to connect and stream, using my laptop, their laptop and their iPad. It did disconnect, so I need to look into that but the signal strength isn't a problem.

If we make cheat sheets and manuals, how can we make the clients read the freaking things?
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse