Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Monday January 20, 2014 at 08:48
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
3FG,
I believe there is still a satellite with SD programming at 101, and this client is not going to spend the money on HD. I believe that the LNB arm of all varieties of dishes point at the 101, so aiming at 101 is still the goal.

I completely get what you're talking about. In fact, the realization that DirecTV told me the azimuth for Cordova was 106 degrees is what confused me. That's 16 degrees E of S. A map showing the needed correction for magnetic North told me to correct this 19 degrees in a westerly direction (obviously I got that backwards), which brings us to 125 degrees.

Satsig.net says it's 131; dishpointer says it's 131; you say it's 146 but also say its' within 5 degrees of southeast. Southeast is 90 degrees (S) + 45 degrees = 135 degrees.

So all of this agrees except for the magnetic direction DirecTV gave me and the 146 that came up here somehow.

Thanks for the help!
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse