The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Thursday January 16, 2014 at 06:11
Mario
Loyal Member
November 2006
On January 15, 2014 at 23:58, fcwilt said...
The Netgear CG3000DCR supports two public static IP subnets.

Is this software or hardware configuration?

Are both of those already in use?

No, right now there is only 1 IP to the building. All I wanted is a 2nd one, but Comcast issues them in blocks of 5.

I would be surprised if they would allow you to put it in bridge mode.

Who is they? Comcast?
Comcast already switched the gateway to bridge mode but then I lost all Internet communication. Tech support lady was an idiot and coulnd't help. She was blaming issues in the pending upgrade from 1 to 5 static IPs.
I kept asking her for credentials, like PPPoE that I'm used to typing in with DSL,  if that's what they used so I could enter them into the router, and she was telling me that username/password were the default CUSADMIN & HIGHSPEED.
In bridge mode, I couldn't get anything working. Gateway would not issue an IP,  when my laptop was connected directly to any of the 4 ports on the gateway. Same with connecting the 750 into the gateway.
As soon as they put gateway into standard mode, IP was issued, but it was single IP on all 4 ports.
When I logged into the gateway, I did not see any way to route IPs by port.

Are there any unused LAN ports?

Yes, only 1 out of 4 ports was used by IT guy, I was going to use any ONE of the other 3.

If so the IT guy ought to be able to route one of the new static IP addresses and create a dedicated sub-net for you on the LAN port.

How? Is this software or hardware configuration in the gateway?
Do I leave the gateway in standard modem/routing mode? Won't that create double NAT issues?

Hosting Services by ipHouse