The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Tuesday January 14, 2014 at 12:41
B1G-AL
Long Time Member
November 2005
On January 11, 2014 at 11:31, chris-L5S said...
please report back and let me know if changing the green wires with the orange wires make a difference... I think we have been through this enough times that there is no difference except color of the insulation.

I installed a wyrestorm hdbaset 8x8 using the 1 cat extenders and a control4 system. I tried mono-mini and stereo-mini cables from HC800 to matrix. I tried C4 emitters and wyrestorm emitters and i could not get this matrix to pass IR reliably. I ended up splicing the IRs with a spare Cat5 and no problems so far.

We were disappointed with this and wasted about 4 man hours on this. a few days before this installation we installed our first Control4 matrix and the IR through the matrix worked great.

one of my gripes is that the Control4 requires stereo-mini cables from HC800 to Matrix and most IR products are mono. the other issue we ran into with the C4 install is that i tried to split the IR from the C4 with a mini-stereo 1x2 splitter and this caused the IR to not function at all.

The Wyrestorm matrix uses 5v IR instead of 12v, install the IR recievers that came with the matrix to the back of the unit and tape emitters from your control system to them to work around this. It makes the back of the matrix look ugly but it works. You will also have to use the Wyrestorm emitters at the display end as well or it will not work. I have an 8X16 HDBaseT working with an Elan g! using this method after trying what you tried.

Hosting Services by ipHouse