Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Sunday January 5, 2014 at 07:44
chuch jr
August 2005
On June 11, 2012 at 11:47, DGMOORE78 said...
We have 2 different models of the 12 Channel Amplifiers. The legacy model (EA-AMP-12D-70) only has independent gain when using the line inputs. This was a major dealer request, so we included this feature in the new amplifiers we released a few weeks ago (EA-AMP-12D-70A).

I am doing a sub contract install for another dealer that is a SNAP AV dealer. I am not a SNAP AV dealer & thus not familiar with their line. Dealer is unable to answer this question for me:

When using the EA-AMP-12D-70A 12 channel amp, do you need to use a preamplifier or preamp out from a multi source switcher to either the global or zone inputs? Unit says there are level adjustments for each channel to limit volume. My experience with other manufacturers' amps of this nature is that there is not enough volume when driving a couple pair of outdoor speakers via 2 channels unless you use a preamp between source & amp input.

Additionally; If this unit has enough gain to use without using a preamp that has easy customer control of volume, how would customer control global or zone volume? Via the LITTLE gain control on back that is not customer friendly? Instruction manual lacks better description of this issue.

Hosting Services by ipHouse