The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 69 made on Wednesday January 1, 2014 at 18:48
equium
Long Time Member
February 2003
I received my R40 a few days ago to replace my aging MX500. I've downsized my home theater systems and only have a TV, DirectTv, Bluray and a Yamaha Receiver. At first, I could not find my Yamaha remote to learn the commands to the R40, so I thought i'd just use my MX500 to teach the Yamaha commands to the R40. This did not work and I don't know why. After a long search, I found the original remote and successfully taught my R40. I was able to get my macros dialed in after several hit and miss testing. The DirectTv device was the only one I didn't "learn". There were a few buttons that I moved around. I did notice something and was wondering if anyone else with DirectTv has seen this. It seems my R40 is sending out rapid fire IR. There are times when hitting page-down or the Up and Down commands are double sent. Even pressing Pause shoots out twice causing the show to pause and re-start. I notice if I press the button as quickly as I can, it's fine. Anyone else with this issue?
thanks for all the reviews and comments about the R40. I think I've made the right choice.

Hosting Services by ipHouse