The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Monday December 30, 2013 at 08:41
davet2020
February 2005
Michael,
The MX-880 is compatible with Windows 7 and Windows 8, and 8.1. I have all these laptops and once setup to look at the right drivers it will work.

There are many threads about the initial problems installers were having when these operating systems were released. If you do a forum search then you can find what other people have done to overcome this problem.

One thing that I would like to point out in other threads you bash CI contractors with a very broad brush and yet there are contractors who are on this site who are eager to give up their time and help you with your problem. Some contractors though are reluctant to help. I have had customers when installing systems decided to not go with the remote that I was proposing. But, later I will get a call from them asking me questions on how to program the remote because they bought the remote on-line. This is how we support our companies and our families. You make it seem like programming these remotes are no big problem but this is why I and other CI go to seminars to learn about CCP and how to overcome these problems.

Also, URC has decided it does not want to give support to end users. This is very time consuming and expensive. It would rather devote it training budget to authorized installers. Imagine if Ford would give support to end users how much that would cost.

If you want to dump URC and go to Harmony good luck. You will quickly find out that they do not offer the amount of customization and control that the URC remotes. People are funny, when they program the remote themselves and there are little bugs they are willing to overlook those bugs. That is why Harmony pops up the help screen after each activity. But if a professional sells them a remote and programs it then they are hot happy unless everything works perfectly.

I have plenty of Harmony remotes that I just give away to family and friends after customers give them to me.
If you are going to do the job...why not do it the right way?
www.fairfaxavi.com

Hosting Services by ipHouse