The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Sunday December 29, 2013 at 15:27
MichaelDiggs
Lurking Member
December 2013
It is matter of opinion and perspective on this one. It doesn't matter if you are consumer that doesn't know what they are doing or think you are a pro and know everything the fact still remains URC didn't want to provide support for one of their current selling models for an operating system that came out while the remote was still being sold as the same model number. Really, the last thing I would want to do is keep around a 12 year old operating system. Be it a VM or a computer. Just waste of resources in my opinion. It really gets to me the arrogance the "contractor" has, even in other industries. As a home owner I do most things myself, weather it is to install new electrical lines, run network lines, replace a hot water heater, whatever, programming a remote is just another thing on the list that I'll do myself. While I may stumble a little with something new I certainly can learn and comprehend.

I just have a sore spot for "contractors" since I've seen my share of way too many dishonest ones across multiple industries. And it's not an uncommon issue, just talk to a few people and most likely they all have been duped at one point or another. It really is hard these days to find completely honest people. And the largest of these industries is of course the automotive. While I can do just about anything it is not having the tools that prohibits me to do so.

I'm sure there are many honest and fair contractors out there, I just haven't been lucky enough to find any and I end up doing everything myself eventually. I eventually figure it out, but I'm human and don't know everything.

Hosting Services by ipHouse