The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 59 made on Monday December 23, 2013 at 22:09
internetraver
Advanced Member
April 2003
On December 23, 2013 at 21:15, gpaul_snapav said...
|
Jason,

Sorry for my delay in responding, I wanted to make sure I had all of the facts. I was calling to follow-up with you but was directed to the company owner. It was good to chat with Rob on this topic and I understand and sympathize why you were so frustrated with SnapAV on this issue. To be fair the issue you were experiencing with the two DVRs has been related to streaming to Savant control systems (Savant dropping streams). While we admittedly track many open issues to maintain interoperability, this is truly not one our Tech Support has heard about (I am kindly requesting anyone using Savant that is not displaying all of the streams to contact us/me [email protected] with details). There is something unique to that network setup (as Rob mentioned you have other jobs with no issues) we need to understand so we can assist you. Rob and I discussed our need for more information about the network to further assist, specifically brand and model numbers on the managed switchers and the network topology. I understand time is money and the stress end users place on you when something goes wrong – we regret not winning you over on this issue and causing you to leave us for a competitor.

Regarding the credit – we issued a FedEx call tag for the DVR to be returned to our labs in Charlotte for review but the DVR was shipped on your account with UPS to one of our warehouses. The tracking number you supplied shows that a shipment weighing more than 2x our DVR delivered to an address about 10 miles away from our Texas location – Google maps suggests an address near a Wal-Mart shopping center. Rob mentioned he is now worried he mixed up the shipping label with an Ingram Micro return. Regardless we will be applying the credit for the DVR even though it has not been received.

Regarding firmware and as an update on the longtime coming DVR firmware we have mentioned many times in this forum – we are in code lock and will be in regression testing through January before releasing to BETA. Yes, we have been talking about this firmware update for too long but it truly does address many issues and adds new features (IE 11 support, profile support to remember settings, GUI to match NVRs/IP cams, POS support, etc). Separately we posted a big update to our NVRs several months ago that solved HDD issues.

Again I regret we let you down with the Savant issue you were experiencing. Please feel free to call or email me directly on any issues or concerns you have so we can directly support you outside of the forums. I hope you and yours enjoy the holidays.

Rob will be the first to admit that much of what I do is well over his technical knowledge level.  From networking, to full blown automation.  Feel free to ask him.

It's not a Savant stream issue, I can assure you. The streams to Savant were one of the first things I pulled off and the drops continued to happen, from your app, not any third party gear. 

As far as the network, yes it's complicated, but working 110%, the same gear we put in every system, the same gear I set up in every system.  I have 30+ of the competitors DVR's and NVR's in other systems, most integrated, some not.  All working flawlessly.  Keep in mind what fixed the problem, another brand DVR.  No network changes, no other gear changes, nothing.  An even swap!

As far as the shipping deal, not my area of the company.  The information I was given was from...... dun dun dun..... Rob.

Hosting Services by ipHouse