The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 19 made on Sunday December 15, 2013 at 15:48
ota_user
Lurking Member
December 2013
I need help building a single channel yagi for Channel 14 (470-476 Mhz). I've been all over the internet and have downloaded many different yagi calculators. Problem is every program gives me different numbers. I've never built an antenna before but I've installed my current system (i.e. stacked 91xg's on 50 foot tower).

Can someone direct me how to build a 10 element yagi with a strict 5 Mhz bandwidth for RF14? I need help with diameter of directors, impedence, place to purchase supplies, balun, etc. I need to make sure RF15 doesn't interfere with the narrow band I need to get channel 14.

The reason for this is that Hamilton Mountain (South) has completely lost reception for WUTV because of CHCH now broadcasting on RF15. CHCH's adjacent signal is effectively acting as a jammer for Fox 14 and Zuus 14.2. Where Fox used to be a consistent signal, Hamilton Mountain is now getting no signal bars for WUTV. I used a notch filter and a quarter stub notch to block out CHCH but to no success. I'm hoping a single channel yagi pointed precisely a Grand Island will get me my original reception for Fox and Zuus.

Hosting Services by ipHouse