The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 38 made on Tuesday December 3, 2013 at 22:06
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On December 3, 2013 at 19:26, goldenzrule said...
A CI is a moron, a gluton for punishment,

Maybe you are. I'm gluton-free.

a poor man, a battered man, a beaten man. A man who claims to love this stuff, but then go homes and dry heaves at the thought of working on this stuff at home. A CI is someone who spends a week making a closet look perfect, but his own rack at home looks like someones intestines exploded.

"In the plumber's house, the pipes don't work."

A CI is a 30-40 year old man that feels like a 60-70 year old man, and usually has the gray hair to match. A CI is the, "hey the tv guy, or the speaker guy, or GULP, the cable guy is here". That is what a CI is.

The best one I've heard was "tunes guys" from a British client.

I don't agree with your general assessment. I'd be miserable if I did, and I hope you figure out soon what you want to do when you grow up, and you then dare to grow up and do it. I think I'm a CI, but I'm 65 and I just got a kick out of solving how to run CCTV feeds and TV feeds above a ceiling where there was about an 8" gap between the ceiling joists and the roof joists. Each feed was about ten feet from a ceiling access hole and each equipment location could only have a 1 1/2" hole in the ceiling.

And sometimes I feel like I'm 65, but most of the time my reference is how I felt when I was thirty or forty plus or minus the slight limitations and extra care I take today.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse