The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday December 1, 2013 at 21:22
jasonrusso
Long Time Member
November 2013
I have a TSU 3000 that I have had for years and still works great. I recently upgraded my entertainment system with a new TV and AV receiver. The TV programs easily (Panasonic VT60) but it is the receiver that is giving me trouble. It is a Yamaha RX-V575 with a RAV498 remote. After I configure a panel and I try learn the code (I get the confirmation in the software), I can't get the receiver to respond to the code. I tried learning the codes from the remote's "tools" function and also from Prontoedit NG and neither works despite the fact that I get the confirmation in the software and on the remote. When I look at the stored IR code in the software, there is data in the box. It is a 900A code, which I guess the software changes it to.

I spent hours today researching this and I see that many have had issues with this. From my research, I have learned that the Pronto uses HEX codes and the Yamaha uses NEC codes. I also found the website that converts the NEC files to  Pronto HEX. I downloaded the NEC codes for the receiver, but I am confused as to which ones to use. There are columns for Code (ID1) and Code (ID2). I don't know which ones to use. Also, I have two forms. There is one for "standard" codes and "extended" codes. The NEC codes for Power are different on the forms?? 

[Link: awe-europe.com]

So, when I find a code (for example 7E 7E for power), I convert it with the tool and paste it into the correct field in Prontoedit. If I go back in and check the code, the software converts it to a 900A code (which is the same as the code the remote stores when I "learn" it).  The problem is that it never works! I've tried extending the duration but it just won't work.

I have honestly only tried to program the "power" button. I figure that is the most important and if I can't get that one to work, then I am not going  to waste the time to do the rest!!  I'm usually pretty good with this stuff, but this one has me baffled and very frustrated.

Hosting Services by ipHouse