The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Tuesday November 26, 2013 at 15:59
goldenzrule
Loyal Member
July 2007
Dale, I knew you'd agree of all people :-)

My last response was a direct reply to this statement:

really don't see a great line up of radically different remotes. They all look the same, have much of the same features

My point was simply to point out the fact that some may look similar, but with each remote, there are greater features that if you are familiar with the hardware and software, will understand there are some vast differences between each remote.  On the surface, they seem similar as ALL of them can operate a rather complex system with simple one touch functionality when programmed properly.  

The example I used, Event Timer is a good example.  If you'd like to trigger outdoor lighting on a schedule, you will not be able to do it with a MX780, MX880, or an MX1200.  But you can accomplish this with an MX890, MX980 and some others.  

The best advice to give to a dealer that is not sure on the features between the lines is to:

A) try and get into a training class with good ole Hank or another trainer
B) Go through the training videos in the URC Control Room
C) Join the URC Control Room Forums and learn about each specific model as its broken down by model.

To be honest, I do not think the remotes look alike, similiar perhaps, but I do not look at one quickly from across the room and think, "oh, thats the MX780" when its in fact an 890.  The only remotes I have confused one for another in the past 6 years was a MX880 and MX810.

Hosting Services by ipHouse