The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Tuesday November 26, 2013 at 12:31
Darnitol
Universal Remote Control Inc.
June 1999
Mdeligny, I'm interested in your comment that URC's remotes "all look the same."

We have worked to keep a family resemblance between most of the products we've released in the last five years or so, particularly with Total Control, but also with Complete Control. Market research has shown that in a multi-remote household, families prefer to have the products look like they came from the same family. However, you're talking about this resemblance as a negative.

I do a good deal of the design for our products, so I'd love to hear your thoughts on this. Is it the fact that the products all have a similar look and layout, or is it the specific look and layout we've gone with? I'm not arguing with your point of view in any way. I'm just trying to understand it better so I can incorporate customer perception into our design process better.

Anyone else who'd like to chime in, please do!

Thanks!
I'm a member of the Remote Central community, just like you! My comments here are my own, and in no way express the opinions, policies, or plans of Universal Remote Control, Inc.

Hosting Services by ipHouse