The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday November 25, 2013 at 19:51
mdeligny
Long Time Member
November 2003
I remember last year there was no driver with the older MX880's. Is that still the case? Universal even told me they weren't going to make a driver for Windows 7 so you aren't able to communicate/program the older MX880 remotes with Windows 7 using the software. Basically, if you have Windows 7 and an older MX880 remote you have a dead remote. Have there been any resolutions to this issue since I've been here? I haven't stopped back in a while. And the last thing I want to do is keep a 13 year operating system loaded or a large VM just to program remotes. Are there any alternatives to this situation? This was one of the big reasons why I wanted to get away from UR. They wouldn't help or support me in anyway and when you have over 20 MX880 remotes out there that can't be programmed under Windows 7 it starts to become a real big problem. For me and customer. I argued with UR for a little bit begging then to make a new driver for their older MX880 remotes for Windows 7. When you are in this situation and can't help customer's or program many remotes out there it is a pain in the neck.

Hosting Services by ipHouse