The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday November 25, 2013 at 15:15
ghrays
Long Time Member
June 2002
My MX900 buttons are wearing out, the most-used ones require longer and harder pushing to work. I had the same issue a few years ago, URC swapped my remote for free even though it was out of warranty.

So, I saw a

I called URC to ask if I could get one of these kits, and they said no. Also, they will not repair my MX900 as their policy is to do the repair only once. They offered a new MX900 for $341, if I ship my old remote to them. They would copy the file from the old remote to the new one, BUT, they said I would no longer be able to use my MX900 editor software (which has the live update feature, and was given to me by the authorized dealer I bought the MX900 from 6 years ago) and instead the new remote would only be progammable with a newer version of software called completecontrol (which I don't have). The dealer I bought the unit from is now out of business.

My question, are all of the new MX900s programmable with complete control ONLY, or if I buy a new MX900 myself, can I still use my old MX900 editor software (which I like).

Hosting Services by ipHouse