The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday November 21, 2013 at 14:06
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
Is it unusual for the USB connector on the MX-980 to hold onto a USB cable real hard?

The first cable I plugged into it was so hard to remove that the cable's connector came apart and I had to use pliers to remove the steel connector body from the remote. The second one that I just tried will come out, but it's also very hard to get this one out. Neither connector slipped in as usual, but had to be forced in.

Is this a one-off problem? I can just hear it:"We've never heard of that happening before." But maybe that's true.

edit: just tried it again. This thing has to go back. But I'd be interested to know if you've run into this before.

edit: just realized that I ASSumed it was a USB connector that looks like all of the other old-style mini USBs. I haven't tried the cable that came with the remote. Must wait until after some work to try that out.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse