Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Saturday November 16, 2013 at 21:17
brentwoods
Lurking Member
May 2008
Hi

I'm trying to add an off timer for my Hue lights as part of my "Go To Bed" macro which will turn off all AV equipment, as well as turning on the Hue lights in the bedroom. I would also like it to turn on the living area lights, and then set a timer to switch them off after 5 minutes.

I initially didn't know the command to set a timer in the Hue bridge, but Leonmeijer on the everyhue forum kindly provided me with the following code to help out:

{
"name": "some name",
"description": "Fade light/group to bri = 0 in 5 minutes.",
"command": {
"address": "/api/key/groups/1/state",
"body": {
"transitiontime": 3000,
"bri": 0
},
"method": "PUT"
},
"time": "PT00:00:01",
}

(here's the link to the actual discussion: [Link: everyhue.com])

The syntax for sending the commands using Pronto Script is a little different (thanks to bibi-12 and Lyndell for your help so far!)

Where in the Pronto Script should I include the "time" command which sets the timer in the Hue bridge?

I've tried adding it to the variable JSON_on, but this doesn't work.

My 2nd question relates to issuing several commands in a row. To achieve what I want with the timers, I actually need to set two timers (as per the advice from Leonmeijer). One timer runs after one second and begins the slow fade to minimum brightness. The second timer runs after 4:59 and turns the lights off completely.

I have not managed to figure out how to send multiple commands in a single button press. Any ideas how I should be approaching that? I've tried using HTTP 1.1 and 1.0 but without success.

Thanks for any help!
Brent

Hosting Services by ipHouse