The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday November 16, 2013 at 13:07
Genecsf
Lurking Member
November 2013
I built a fancy ceiling lamp for my home which has lights on three separate circuits, one is an Color-changeable LED strip light from Lumilum that comes with an IR remote, the other two are sets of LED bulbs wired together. This has replaced a standard ceiling light controlled by two 3-way switches.

The electrician who helped me with the installation said that there was not room to run two extra sets of power lines to control the two additional circuits, but that I could control them all with an Insteon system. Unfortunately, The Insteon never worked right. The dimming never worked, there's weird interaction between the two scenes, and random flickering. The responses from Insteon support have been very slow. I'm super frustrated and looking at other solutions now.

So, to recap, I have one power line coming down from the ceiling that needs to provide always-on power to the strip lighting and separately controllable, dimmable power to two separate sets of LED bulbs. The receivers need to be wired, not plug-in, and relatively compact. These need to be controlled from two wall switches. Actually, one wall switch just needs to control one of the circuits, while the other should control two.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Hosting Services by ipHouse