The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Monday November 4, 2013 at 10:54
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On November 1, 2013 at 14:08, Soundsgood said...
If they want to go beyond 2.1 what we really need is a device that passes thru the HDMI video to the display and strips and amplifies the audio. This would be killer for use with their HDMI matrix products. Basically a product that strips all of the stuff out of a receiver that we don’t need like multiple audio/video inputs and switching and gives us just what we need. One HDMI input or an HDbaset input, 1 HDMI out to display, an audio decoder and 5 or 7 amplified channels and a .1 out for the sub.

These exist, but they aren't particularly cheap, especially when the amp you seem to be alluding to would sell for about $300. The device that strips the audio is about the same price and has optical, S/Pdif and analog output.

BTW- you think that a "pseudo-center channel" is fake? Unless the actual source of the sound is recorded with two mics in a way that accurately causes a realistic-sounding stereo effect, all music and movie soundtracks are pseudo-stereo/surround. Separate tracks, recorded at different times, at different locations, but different people, must be made to sound like stereo or surround.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse