The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday November 2, 2013 at 15:10
crabs
Long Time Member
March 2004
Yesterday I started downloading new programming to my mx-780 and the download failed before completing. Now the remote is stuck on the main menu screen. None of the buttons register, the screen never turns off, the LIGHT button on the side doesn't do anything, and of course holding MAIN+ENT has no affect so I can't get into the setup menu. I tried pulling the batteries and it reboots back to the main screen where it hangs again. I left the batteries out over night and that didn't help either. I also tried fresh batteries and that didn't help (though the battery meter filled up). The computer doesn't see the remote plugged into USB so it cannot connect to download the programming (same win7 computer I've used to do all the programming on it).

Is there any way to do a factory reset besides going through the settings menu? Anyone have any other ideas? I've been using it for about a year and a half and am very happy with the remote. I got it from an authorized dealer but don't think it is still under warranty. Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

Hosting Services by ipHouse