The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Tuesday October 29, 2013 at 15:20
bizwiz41
Long Time Member
February 2010
On October 28, 2013 at 19:41, Daniel Tonks said...
Well, it doesn't look like macros are a feature on that remote, and as you know macros aren't something that are intended to be "taught". You can kind of do short ones on some older Sony remotes, but that's merely a side-effect of their specific learning technique. Most normal remotes are only cable of learning commands of a certain length, which is usually only a couple dozen bits long, which is around the maximum standard length of a single command.

Thanks for the reply, and the information. I was hoping there was some alternative code entry for programming a macros on these Philips remotes.

I know macros are not intended to be taught, but I thought I would try it just to see how the remote responded. I was actually surprised it learned the string of commands for the first device (TV).

Oh well, I have plenty of other remotes in the household, but I did like the look and feel of this remote. Except for the lack of macros, this is a great universal. I just can't understand why Philips left out this feature......

Hosting Services by ipHouse