Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday October 23, 2013 at 10:52
aeblank
Lurking Member
October 2013
Hi,

I'm new. I read through some posts and went through the clicker picker. Decided I still needed to jump right in and ask.

I have a couple harmony 650s and a harmony 200. The 650s control a TV/Xbox (windows media center, but using the xbox remote set). I also need the pageup/pagedown buttons from a windows keyboard. This works with the 650s ok.

With the 200, I can't program the pageup/down buttons the way I want. It forces them to a different device. Oh, this is controlling the windows media center box directly. so, if I wanted to turn commercial skip on or off, I have to change devices, do it, then change back and continue. It *will NOT* let me learn the buttons on the main device.

That's the background. Now the situation. I am looking for a remote for my parents to control a system just like mine described above, which is:

Windows Media Center/TV/Keyboard (but only for 2 buttons)
Xbox/TV/Keyboard (but only for 2 buttons)

I *do not* like the Harmony state memory monkey business. It gets out of sync and is a pain. I do like the devices that harmony supports. I do not like that I can't make any button do any thing from any device. They push activities way too much. Plus they have 2 programming methods (online or software) and neither does "it all". I could rant for quite a while about them, but..........

Is there some way to make the harmony 200 do what I want it to?
Is there some other remote that I can pick/choose commands from a multitude of devices to create my own? I only need 3 buttons for the TV, 2 from the keyboard, and the rest from the WMC remote (whichever receiver I happen to get).
I am not opposed (I don't think) to JP1, if there are reasonable PC tools to manage the mess.

I know exactly what I want, and I hope I explained things reasonably well.
Oh, I want cheap too. <$25 or something.

Hosting Services by ipHouse