The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday October 15, 2013 at 17:08
joebernardo
Lurking Member
October 2013
I recently installed a 70v speaker system in a newly constructed office space. I am also installing cat 6 wiring for 150 desks at the same lication. While completing the data wiring I was using a tone generator and an inductive amplifier to find an unmarked cat 6 wire when I started hearing the music through the toning speaker... I am obviously worried about this because we should not have interference on the data network. I used shielded cable for the speaker systen install and don't understand why there is stray voltage in the data lines. In addition I made sure not to lay the speaker wires near the data wires. One thing i am concerned about is the fact that i have volume controls in the walls where wires may be near eachother. By reading through this forum I found something about the drain wire on the shielded cable which I did not use. I am going to try to hook that up to ground and see if that helps . In the meantime What would cause this? What are possible solutions? Does it even matter considering data runs at different mhz ? Help

Hosting Services by ipHouse