The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Monday October 14, 2013 at 19:10
SDShack
Lurking Member
September 2013
Hello again Ernie. Thanks again for responding to me. Sorry it has taken so long for me to reply, but I have been busy with other things. Anyway, here are some more details that you asked for. Any advice you can offer would be appreciated.

I have looked at the TV Fool website before, and I have the TV Fool report and can share it, but I don't know how to post the attachment here. So I guess it would have to be emailed to you if you really want to see it. Anyway, I entered in my exact decimal coordinates for my location (33.21667/-117.25), and also my estimated antenna mast height of 30'. The result was somewhat different than just entering in my street address and zip code, so I assume the report using the exact decimal coordinates are more accurate, so that is what I have listed below.

call......real chan.....sig pwr...true azimuth

KVND-DT....23.....-48.1.......24
KFMB-TV.....8.......-51.1......180
KGTV-DT....10.....-53.0.......180
KHAX-LP.....49.....-58.7.......180
KSWB-TV....19.....-74.7.......153
KUSI-DT.....18.....-76.4........153
KPBS-DT.....30.....-78.5.......153
KNSD-TV.....40.....-79.1.......153
KTTV...........11.....-82.9.......326
XEWT..........12......-71.1......326
KCOP-TV......13......-83.9......326

My HDTV was able to grab all of the above stations, EXCEPT KNSD Channel 40 when I ran the auto setup function on my HDTV with my DIY antenna attached.
That is what is so frustrating, because KNSD broadcasts from the same tower location as KSWB, KUSI, KPBS, and I get all of them just fine.

FYI, I get KFMB and KGTV (these are VHF stations) using a separate dipole antenna mounted with my DIY Gray Hoverman, but the dipole antenna is pointed at the slightly different azimuth direction 180. All the other stations (except KNSD) come in with my DIY Gray Hoverman antenna all at the same time, when pointed at roughly azimuth 153.

So let me know if you have any other thoughts on this, and thanks again for trying to help me.

Hosting Services by ipHouse